Father – Ragnar Lothbrok
Mother – Aslaug Sigurdsdottir
Spouse – Unmarried
Children – No Children
The Saxons led by King Aethelred and his brother Alfred attempted to lay siege to Reading but were defeated.
This was another battle between the Vikings led by Halfdan and the forces of King Aethelred and his brother, Alfred. The Saxons won the battle and Bagsecg, leader of the Great Summer Army, was killed.
The Viking force defeated King Aethelred and his brother Alfred.
This was another battle between the Vikings led by Halfdan and King Aethelred, supported by his brother Alfred. The battle was inconclusive and both sides withdrew. Aethelred had been badly injured in the battle.
The Saxons led by Alfred were defeated by the Vikings led by Halfdan.
Published Feb 11, 2018 @ 4:54 pm – Updated –
Harvard Reference for this page:
Heather Y Wheeler. (2018). Halfdan Ragnarsson d.877. Available: https://www.totallytimelines.com/halfdan-ragnarsson-d877/ Last Accessed January 16th, 2019
You may also like:
- Father - Ragnar Lothbrok Mother - Aslaug Sigurdsdottir Spouse - Unmarried Children - No Children 810 (around) A son, Ubba was born to the legendary Viking, Ragnar Lothbrok, and possibly Aslaug Sigurdsdottir. The records are unclear as to Ubba's parentage but he is recorded as being…
- Father - not known Mother - not known Spouse - not known Children - not known 866 (during) It is thought that Guthrum was part of the Viking force led by the sons of Ragnar - Ivar the Boneless, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, Ubba and Halfdan, known as…
- Father - Aethelwulf of Wessex Mother - Osburgh Spouse - Ealhswith Children - Aethelflaed, Edward, Aethelgifu, Aethelweard, Aelfthryth King of Wessex - 871 - 899 Predecessor - Aethelred I of Wessex Successor - Edward the Elder 849 (during) A son, Alfred was born to Aethelwulf, King of Wessex…
- Known as - Vikings, Northmen From - Denmark, Norway and Sweden The first Viking invasion was in 793 when the Vikings raided the monastery at Lindisfarne. The last was Harald Hardrada's attempt to take the English throne in 1066. 789 (during) A Viking force landed at…
- Father - Alfred the Great Mother - Ealhswith of Wessex Married - Aethelred of Mercia Children - Aelfwynn 870 (during) Aethelflaed was born, the eldest child of Alfred, later known as Alfred the Great, and his wife Ealhswith of Mercia. Alfred was brother to Aethelred King of Wessex. 870…