Father – Ragnar Lothbrok
Mother – Aslaug Sigurdsdottir
Spouse – Unmarried
Children – No Children
The Vikings led by Halfdan, had fortified Reading with a dyke and palisade. The Saxons led by King Aethelred and his brother Alfred attempted to lay siege to Reading but were defeated.
This was another battle between the Vikings led by Halfdan and the forces of King Aethelred and his brother, Alfred. The Saxons won the battle and Bagsecg, leader of the Great Summer Army, was killed.
King Aethelred was defeated by the Vikings.
This was another battle between the Vikings led by Halfdan and King Aethelred, supported by his brother Alfred. The battle was inconclusive and both sides withdrew. Aethelred had been badly injured in the battle.
The Vikings led by Halfdan defeated the Saxons led by King Alfred.
Published Feb 11, 2018 @ 4:54 pm – Updated –
Harvard Reference for this page:
Heather Y Wheeler. (2018). Halfdan Ragnarsson d.877. Available: https://www.totallytimelines.com/halfdan-ragnarsson-d877/ Last Accessed September 17th, 2018
You may also like:
- Father - Ragnar Lothbrok Mother - Aslaug Sigurdsdottir Spouse - Unmarried Children - No Children 810 (around) A son, Ubba was born to the legendary Viking, Ragnar Lothbrok, and possibly Aslaug Sigurdsdottir. The records are unclear as to Ubba's parentage but he is recorded as being…
- Father - Aethelwulf of Wessex Mother - Osburgh Spouse - Ealhswith Children - Aethelflaed, Edward, Aethelgifu, Aethelweard, Aelfthryth King of Wessex - 871 - 899 Predecessor - Aethelred I of Wessex Successor - Edward the Elder 849 (during) A son, Alfred was born to Aethelwulf, King of Wessex…
- Known as - Vikings, Northmen From - Denmark, Norway and Sweden The first Viking invasion was in 793 when the Vikings raided the monastery at Lindisfarne. The last was Harald Hardrada's attempt to take the English throne in 1066. 789 (during) A Viking force landed at…
- This timeline gives a chronological listing of the main events in English History for the years 870 - 879 The kings of Wessex for this period were: Aethelred I to 871 Alfred the Great from 871 870 (during) A daughter, Aethelflaed, was born to Alfred and his wife…
- Father - Aethelwulf Mother - Osburgh Spouse - Wulfthryth Children - Aethelhelm, Aethelwold King of Wessex - 866 - 871 Predecessor - Aethelberht Successor - Alfred 840 (around) A son, Aethelred, was born to Aethelwulf and Osburgh. 840 (around) The Vikings began making raids along the South…