Father – unknown
Mother – unknown
Spouse – Aethelswith
Children – unknown
The Vikings had fortified Reading with a dyke and palisade. The Saxons led by King Aethelred and his brother Alfred attempted to lay siege to Reading but were defeated.
This was another battle between the Vikings led by Halfdan and the forces of King Aethelred and his brother, Alfred. The Saxons won the battle and Bagsecg, leader of the Great Summer Army, was killed.
King Aethelred’s Saxon army was defeated by the Vikings.
This was another battle between the Vikings led by Ubba’s brother, Halfdan and King Aethelred, supported by his brother Alfred. The battle was inconclusive and both sides withdrew. Aethelred had been badly injured in the battle.
The Vikings led by Halfdan, defeated the Saxons led by King Alfred.
Published Jan 25, 2019 @ 1:46 pm – Updated –
Harvard Reference for this page:
Heather Y Wheeler. (2019). King Burgred of Mercia. Available: https://www.totallytimelines.com/king-burgred-of-mercia/ Last Accessed March 30th, 2019
You may also like:
- Father - Ragnar Lothbrok Mother - Aslaug Sigurdsdottir Spouse - Unmarried Children - No Children 830 (around) A son, Halfdan was born to the legendary Viking, Ragnar Lothbrok, and Aslaug Sigurdsdottir. The records are unclear as to whether Halfdan was also known as Hvitserk or whether…
- Father - Ragnar Lothbrok Mother - Aslaug Sigurdsdottir Spouse - Unmarried Children - No Children 810 (around) A son, Ubba was born to the legendary Viking, Ragnar Lothbrok, and possibly Aslaug Sigurdsdottir. The records are unclear as to Ubba's parentage but he is recorded as being…
- Father - not known Mother - not known Spouse - not known Children - not known 866 (during) It is thought that Guthrum was part of the Viking force led by the sons of Ragnar - Ivar the Boneless, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, Ubba and Halfdan, known as…
- Father - Aethelwulf of Wessex Mother - Osburgh Spouse - Ealhswith Children - Aethelflaed, Edward, Aethelgifu, Aethelweard, Aelfthryth King of Wessex - 871 - 899 Predecessor - Aethelred I of Wessex Successor - Edward the Elder 849 (during) A son, Alfred was born to Aethelwulf, King of Wessex…
- This timeline gives a chronological listing of the main events in Anglo Saxon England 410 - 1066 410 (during) The last Romans left England after being recalled back to Rome by emperor Honorious. 430 (during) The followers of Ninian, a Christian missionary, built the first…